Put away those Halloween decorations, hide all that candy (it’s okay, you can still keep sneaking some), and get ready for the holiday season to fully ramp up! It’s not even Thanksgiving yet, but stores are starting to stock up for Christmas, and candy canes and wrapping paper are making their way onto store shelves. I don’t know about you, but when I picked up some last-minute Halloween candy last weekend, the Christmas-y “stuff” was already set up in shelves around the outside of the store.
This is the time of the year where Santa Claus starts scheduling trips to appear at various malls and partake in tree lightings. It’s also when children start working on their Christmas lists and begin writing their letters to Santa. It does make sense; he definitely needs time to prepare and make sure his elves can get a hold of everything on the lists. For someone whose main job is only one night a year, he sure has to spend a lot of time prepping and planning!
Get excited for the holidays, and show your support for Santa with these fun Santa-inspired crochet patterns. ‘Tis the season, after all!
1. Funky Santa: Stitch together one of these plush Santas and have him oversee the rest of your Christmas preparations.
2. Holiday Santa Hat: It’s getting cold, and you need a hat to stay warm. Crochet this hat and try and channel Santa’s amazing ability to multitask as you get your home holiday-ready.
3. Jolly Santa Ornament: Anytime in November, before Thanksgiving, is when my family puts up our tree. Crochet a few of these ornaments to make decorating easy!
4. Little Santa Hat: Too small to fit on any human head, but it’s just right to fit atop smaller objects. Is your alarm clock not festive enough? Put a hat on it.
5. Santa Claus Parade Beanie: So you want a Santa hat, but don’t want to make it too floppy? You’ll love crocheting this simple beanie!
6. Santa Claus Tree Ornament: If you need more jolly ornaments to adorn your tree, make a few of these for decoration.
7. Santa Coaster: It’s that time of year to enjoy hot chocolate and eggnog as you sit around a roaring fire (or your TV). Make a few of these coasters so you always have something to set your drinks down on.
8. Santa Hot Pad: You’ll be cooking and baking a lot this time of year, so don’t ruin your tables by putting hot-from-the-oven dishes directly on them. Stitch a few of these and you’ll have a fun, cute way of being prepared!
9. Santa’s Little Elf Hat: Be a festive holiday helper, like one of Santa’s elves!
10. Santa Suit Hat: For a unique winter hat, how about one that looks like Santa’s suit and buckle?
11. Fashion Doll Santa Hat: Barbie wants to celebrate the holidays, too! These easy hats will be a hit with any kid. I hear they also look pretty great on superhero action figures….
12. Santa Crochet Ornament: Use heavy metallic braid for a glitzy Santa ornament this year.
When do you officially start gearing up for the holidays?
- Free Pattern Friday: Crochet Baby Booties & Hat from Red Heart - January 6, 2021
- Rest and Relaxation After Holiday Madness: Calming Crochet Patterns - January 5, 2021
- The Star Wars Crochet Patterns You’re Looking For - December 26, 2020