It’s easy to remember the big holidays to crochet for: Christmas is always December 25th, Thanksgiving is the third Thursday in November, Halloween is October 31st, Valentine’s Day is February 14th, and so on. But it can be hard to keep up with all the smaller holidays, such as National Women’s Day (March 8), Star Wars Day (May 4), Left Hander’s Day (august 13), National Bosses Day (October 16), and Best Friend’s Day, which happens to be this Sunday, June 8.
There are many ways you can celebrate National Best Friend Day this year including spending time with your best friend or getting in touch with someone you may have lost touch with over the years. Of course, you can always celebrate this special day by crocheting your best friend a gift, as well.
There’s no better gift to give than a homemade one. If you’d like to make something extra special for your best friend this year, scroll down for a list of our favorite crochet patterns for best friends.
Crochet Patterns for Your Bestie:
- Beaded Friendship Bracelets: Matching bracelets are always a fun way to celebrate your friendship
- Grown Up Friendship Bracelets: A mature version of your favorite childhood bracelet
- Trio of Sizzling Crochet Bracelets: A popular printable pattern from our friends at Red Heart
- Homemade Charm Bracelet: Give her a gift that she’s sure to treasure for years
- Friendship Shawl: She’s sure to think of you each time she wears this shawl
- Everlasting Flower Pot Cozy: A great gift for the best friend with a green thumb
- Mommy and Me Crochet Purse: For those of you whose mother is their best friend
- Crochet Frisbee Dog Toy: Make this if your best friend happens to have four legs!
PLUS: Enter to win 3 skeins of Lion Brand Country yarn. This particular line of yarn has a rustic feel to it, with each skein inspired by the American landscape. It’s the perfect yarn to use if you like showing off your American pride through your crochet. The deadline to enter is June 18, 2014 at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time. Two lucky winners will be chosen. Enter now for your chance to win!
- Free Pattern: Crochet Wrap Pattern from Red Heart! - January 17, 2021
- Free Pattern Friday: Crochet Baby Booties & Hat from Red Heart - January 6, 2021
- Rest and Relaxation After Holiday Madness: Calming Crochet Patterns - January 5, 2021