Have you mastered learning how to crochet? It’s time to step up your crochet game. Add some serious texture to your next crochet project by learning how to crochet the crocodile stitch. The crocodile stitch gets its name from it’s striking resemblance to the scale of a crocodile. While the results look difficult, I can assure you that once you have the process of creating the crocodile scales, you will want to add this technique to all of your projects.
I’ve created a video demonstration for you, teaching you how to crochet the crocodile stitch like a master hooker. Once you see the video, you’ll recognize that this seemingly complicated stitch is nothing more than a collection of double crochet stitches around one stitch at a time. I’ve shared with you step by step directions, so you’ll be able to pick up your project and start adding fun textures wherever you please.
Now that you’ve tried the crocodile stitch following along with our video tutorial, be sure to check out this collection of free crochet patterns featuring the crocodile stitch for you to hone your new found skill on. I’ve collected everything from warm blankets for the bed to the most darling little crochet baby booties you’ll ever see.
Free Crocodile Stitch Patterns:
- Princess Crocodile Stitch Baby Blanket from Bernat
- Ruby and Emerald Crocodile Stitch Blanket
- Crochet Crocodile Stitch Flower Square
- Crochet Crocodile Stitch Adult Hat
- Rainbow Dragon Bag
- Crocodile Clutch Purse
- Two Hour Crocodile Stitch Flower
- Crocodile on the Beach Bag
- Crocodile Stitch Baby Booties
Now that you’ve mastered the crocodile stitch, what are you going to make first?
- 25 Easy Crochet Granny Square Patterns - June 25, 2019
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow Ripple Crochet Baby Blanket - June 12, 2019
- 14 Wine-Inspired Crochet Afghan Patterns - May 21, 2019