Guest post by Rhondda Mol from Oombawka Design
Crochet hats make great projects! They are perfect as gifts and for charity projects. You can do a lot with a crochet hat pattern! You can take a basic crochet hat pattern and make it your own with one of these fantastic embellishments!
- 5 Petal Tropical Flower – Little Monkeys Crochet – Three variations are included: Single Color, Two-Color and with a Slip Stitch Edging (pictured above).
- Easy Free Crochet Flower Pattern (3 layers) – Designs by LisaAuch – These layered flowers will add some lovely dimension to your projects.
- Loopy Flower Brooch – Crochet Chiq – This fun and loopy design comes with a video tutorial.
- Free Maternity Sash Crochet Pattern – Katie’s Crochet Goodies – Five crochet flower options, in various sizes, are included in this design.
- Dahlia Flower – My Hobby Is Crochet – Dahlias are one of my favorite flowers and I love this crocheted version.
- Layered Ruffled Flower – Fiber Flux – I love the combination of layers, leaves and buttons! Using multiple mediums (yarn and buttons) will add an extra element to your projects.
- Summer Strawberry Applique – Fiber Flux – Sweet like a summer strawberry – a perfect embellishment for when you are looking for an alternative to a flower!
- La Fleur Petite – Cre8tion Crochet – These pretty flowers (in 3 sizes) will look fantastic with a bead or button center!
- Granny’s Pansy – Look at What I Made – These pansies are delicate and dainty – they will make a pretty addition to any hat.
- Crochet Heart – The Stitchin’ Mommy – Little girls love hearts – use one, or multiple hearts on your next hat.
- Rose – Petals to Picots – I love the texture and uniqueness of this rose – if you use wool this is lovely felted too!
- Free Crochet Bow Pattern – KT and the Squid – Bows are a great way to embellish your hats.
- Fantastic Curly Flower – Oombawka Design – This large curly flower will add an element of fun to your next project.
- Kraken Octopus Squid Applique – Moogly – Both my children LOVE this octopus applique – a perfect embellishment for both boys and girls!
- Paw Print Applique Set – Moogly – Make these with a smaller hook and lighter yarn to create paw prints around your hat.
- Crochet Police Badge Applique – KatiDCreations -Little boys will love this badge applique! (Little Girls too!)
- Crochet Snowman Applique – Repeat Crafter Me -Making a winter hat? This one is for you! Great for boys and girls.
- Patriotic Crocheted Star – Sarah Zimmerman – Use patriotic colors or yellow and white – stars make a great unisex embellishment for you hats.
I have gathered some crochet hat pattern links for you – these links include basic and complex hat patterns – so have fun browsing!
Crochet Hat Patterns:
- Earflap Hat (Sizes Preemie to Adult Large)
- Double Crochet Beanie (Sizes Preemie to Adult Large)
- 21 Crochet Slouchy Beanie Patterns
- 14 Free Crochet Hat Patterns
Gauge is very important when crocheting hats – it can mean the difference between a hat being the right size – or, too large or too small for the intended recipient. Using the recommended hook and yarn is an easy way to increase your chances of reaching the gauge specified in your pattern. If you need assistance understanding how to check gauge please view this short video: Measuring Crochet Gauge by Red Heart with Kathleen Sams
What do you like embellishing your crochet hats with?
- 14 Crocodile Stitch Patterns for an EDGY Wardrobe - August 17, 2019
- These Booties Were Made for Walking: 15 Baby Booties Crochet Patterns - August 13, 2019
- Get Hooked On These Unique Crochet Patterns - August 8, 2019