Let’s face it: as much as I love the idea of gearing up with a slouchy hat in the fall and winter, I can’t stand the staticky hat hair that always comes after taking it off again. There’s nothing worse than showing up to work or wherever you’re going only to be stuck with a frizzy hairdo that you just can’t shake. After one too many bad hair days, I made the switch to wearing a knit headband instead of a full-on hat and I have to say, my life is forever changed! These cozy knitting projects keep your ears warm but don’t squish your overall ‘do, and they can be removed with no hassle – leaving your hair exactly how it was when you left the house.
These 13 free knitting patterns will show you how to knit a headband in no time! They make wonderful holiday gifts, but once you see these easy knitting patterns you’ll want to keep them all for yourself. These knit headbands are always on trend and are super practical if you like to spend some time styling your hair in the morning. They’re also small enough to throw in your handbag once you take if off – no more carrying around a chunky hat! From more basic designs that make for great beginner knitting patterns to ones that are a little more complicated, you’re sure to find a knitted headband pattern in this list that’s exactly what you’re looking for!
- Dark Leaf Ear Warmers
- Gypsy Queen Headband
- Scarlet Swirl Knit Headband
- Goldenrod Cinched Headband
- Wine Harvest Headband
- Pretty Girl Chic Headband
- Crowning Moment Knit Headband
- Arrow Design Knit Headband
- Ridiculously Easy Knit Headband
- Call Me Duchess Knit Headband
- One Skein Braided Headband
- Twisted Sister Knit Headband
- Crimson Berry Headband
What are your favorite accessories to make?
- DIY Knitted Hats, Headbands and Ear Warmers, Oh My! - September 12, 2019
- Designer Knit Baby Patterns for Fall - September 5, 2019
- Knitter’s Slang: Knitting Terms You Need to Know - September 4, 2019