Knitting your first sweater can be a little nerve racking. You’ve mastered scarves and cowls, hats are pretty easy by now, afghans are a cinch (they just take a bit longer), but now you’re ready for your first major project: a sweater. There are so many things to take into consideration: increases, decreases, blocking…not to mention making a test swatch is absolutely necessary!
Don’t let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game, however! Even though it may be a little scary, you won’t be able to stop knitting once you’ve completed your first sweater. Knit sweater patterns and knit cardigan patterns offer a stimulating challenge for your mind, hands, and needles. The great part about sweaters is that there are a few different ways to construct them, so depending on your skill level and what you skills you are comfortable with, chances are there’s a pattern suited to your needs.
We know sometimes it can be challenging to find quality knitted sweater and cardigan patterns on the the web, so that’s why we’ve compiled all of our sweater pattern pages into one easy-to-read article for your knitting and browsing pleasure. How to Knit a Sweater: 138 Patterns for Practice features everything from 20 Super Cute Baby Sweater Knitting Patterns to Full and Fabulous: 14 Plus Size Sweaters & Knit Cardigan Pattern Ideas. Whatever it is you’re looking for, this mega collection page has got it!
Now it’s easier than ever to find your favorite knit sweater collections on AllFreeKnitting. Here’s a little preview of what’s in store for you:
- 22 Super Cozy Knit Sweater Patterns
- 20 Super Cute Knit Baby Sweater Patterns
- 10 Lightweight Knit Sweater Patterns
- Knitting for Beginners: 17 Speedy Sweaters
- How to Knit a Sweater: 9 Easy Patterns
- Knit from the Top Down: 9 Sweater Knitting Patterns
- 3 Knit Sweater Patterns for Fall Weather
- 9 Comfy and Cozy Knitted Sweater Patterns for Fall
- Year Round Style: 20 Free Cardigan Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- Full and Fabulous: 14 Plus Size Sweaters & Knit Cardigan Pattern Ideas
Whether you’re in the mood for an easy top down sweater or you’re ready to dive into a week-long cable knit cardigan pattern, there’s a sweater collection page in this article you’re sure to love. Be sure to check back every now and then for ongoing updates — we’ll be adding more stitch collections to the list in the coming months!
Which do you prefer: cardigans or sweaters?
- Can You Bring Knitting Needles on a Plane? - May 25, 2020
- Learn How to Knit with a Knit Dishcloth Pattern - May 23, 2020
- Save the Last Dance: 10 Knit Shawls and Wraps for Special Occasions - May 15, 2020