The perfect gift deserves only the best gift wrapping, right? Whether you’re giving store-bought or homemade gifts this year, think outside the box when it comes to wrapping your presents. Proper gift wrapping adds the perfect finishing touch to any holiday gift.
A nice wrapping job often requires a little bit more than your standard holiday gift wrap and store-bought bows. If you don’t have time to make your own gifts this year, you can at least add a quick homemade touch to your wrapping. All it takes is a few minutes and a little bit of yarn to create beautiful crochet or knit gift toppers and bows.
Find our favorite crochet patterns and free knit patterns for bows, gift boxes, gift toppers, and more below. You’ll discover the best free patterns ever for making your wrapping just as special as the gift itself.
Knit and Crochet Bows:
- Super Simple Crochet Bows
- Quick & Easy Gift Bow
- Easy Peasy Crochet Bow
- Cute and Easy Bow
- Addictive Knit Bows
- Nubby Knit Bow
- Little Bo Peep’s Bow
- Easy Knitted Bows (right)
Crochet & Knit Gift Toppers:
Bows are cute, but sometimes they just don’t cut it. Add an extra special touch to your presents by using ornaments as gift toppers. Not only do they look insanely cute on your presents, but the recipient gets an extra bonus gift – a homemade ornament they can use year after year!
- Multicolored Mini Christmas Stockings (right)
- Winter Wonderland Ornaments
- Crocheted Christmas Baubles
- Granny Star Ornament
- Wreath Gift Topper
- Star of Bethlehem Ornament
- Floral Gift Topper
- Holiday Gift Box
- Stitchy Gift Tags
- Gift Card Holder
- Multicolored Printable Gift Tags
- 28 Crochet Gift Bags and Crochet Gift Ideas
- Mini Mitten Ornaments
- Tiny Sweater Ornaments
- Silent Night Six Pointed Star
- Tiny Treasures Stocking
- Hanging Heart (right)
- Skate Ornament
- Quick n Easy Christmas Decoration
- Even More Knit Bows + Present Toppers
PLUS… Enter to win 6 skeins of silk ribbon yarn from Darn Good Yarn. We are giving away 2 skeins of each to one lucky winner: Sari Silk Ribbon, Printed Silk Ribbon, Silk Chiffon Ribbon Yarn. This yarn is great for a variety of knit and crochet projects, plus it would also be great for gift wrapping! The deadline to enter is December 4th, 2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time. Enter now!
Have you ever used yarn to wrap gifts before? Leave a comment below and let us know!
- Free Pattern: Crochet Wrap Pattern from Red Heart! - January 17, 2021
- Free Pattern Friday: Crochet Baby Booties & Hat from Red Heart - January 6, 2021
- Rest and Relaxation After Holiday Madness: Calming Crochet Patterns - January 5, 2021