Greetings, yarn friends! Did you know I Love Yarn Day, a collaborative effort organized by the Craft Yarn Council, is Saturday, October 14th? The theme of this year’s #ILoveYarnDay is “Stitch It Forward.”
As Jenny Bessonette, executive director of the Craft Yarn Council, said,
“I Love Yarn Day is all about looking back on what yarn has meant in people’s lives. Whether your grandmother or best friend taught you how to knit or crochet, these are activities that anyone can learn and enjoy.”
Every day this week, from October 9th – October 13th, we’ll be providing our fiber fans with a step-by-step video tutorial explaining how to complete the colorful and detailed Southwestern Sunset Crochet Sampler Scarf and the Sheer Elegance Knit Sampler Scarf – both designed by our friend Kristi Simpson.
Both scarves are worked up in five distinct stitch patterns, each in a different color, to give you a bold and exciting new accessory to wear throughout a range of seasons. Each section of the scarf is clearly explained and has an accompanying full video tutorial to demonstrate the steps, so there’s no reason to be intimidated by the design! After all, we’re here to #StitchItForward and teach you how to create a beautiful knit or crochet scarf you’re sure to love.
Grab five of your favorite colors for a fresh punch of color (like the Paintbox Yarns Cotton DK we used) or stick with more neutral hues for an everyday accessory – it’s completely up to you!
Be sure to show off your I Love Yarn Day crochet along and knit along progress and excitement on social media by using the hashtags #StitchItForward and #ILoveYarnDay all week long. We would love to see your scarves!
As an added bonus, we’re hosting two (2) amazing giveaways to help make I Love Yarn Day even more exciting! From Monday, October 9th – Sunday, October 22nd, enter for your chance to win one (1) of the wonderful grand prizes outlined below. To enter, all you need to do is leave a comment telling us how you’re going to #StitchItForward on this page (crochet) or this page (knit).
Please note: one (1) winner will receive the crochet grand prize and one (1) winner will receive the knitting grand prize.
The crochet grand prize includes:
Paintbox Yarns Cotton DK 10 Ball Color Pack in Hedgerow by Kate Eastwood: two skeins each of Pistachio Green (425), Slate Green (427), Red Wine (416), Soft Fudge (410), Vanilla Cream (408) – MACHINE WASHABLE– 100% cotton
The knitting grand prize includes:
Paintbox Yarns Cotton DK 10 Ball Color Pack in Vintage Hydrangeas by Alice Neal Duck Egg Blue (435), Ballet Pink (452), Blush Pink (453), Dolphin Blue (436), Raspberry Pink (443) – MACHINE WASHABLE – 100% cotton
Yarn Pop Decade Trekker Knit Bag
Official Contest Rules:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. Commenting on the page(s) specified above will enter you to win the prize. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on the page(s) specified above.
- You have until October 22nd, 2017 at 11:59 CST to leave your comment on the page(s) specified above. Comments after that will not be counted.
- Contest is open to anyone 18+ in the US and Canada. Void in Puerto Rico, the Province of Quebec and where prohibited.
- The winner(s) will be contacted by the e-mail address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your e-mail address in the comments – you already provided it when you created your account).
How do you plan to #StitchItForward in honor of I Love Yarn Day?
- Celebrate I Love Yarn Day 2017 with a Crochet Along and Knit Along! - October 9, 2017
- Fall Wearable Roundup: Easy Knit and Crochet Patterns - October 4, 2017
- Top-Down Tops: 15 Free Knit Top Patterns - May 16, 2017