For knitters, there’s nothing quite like a cowl or scarf knitting pattern . Chances are, one or the other was one of the first things you learned how to knit. Not only are these simple basics fun to knit, they also make great gifts. Personally, I can’t think of a single person who wouldn’t appreciate a knit scarf pattern from someone they loved.
Scarves and cowls are the quintessential knit accessory for a number of reasons. First of all, they can be worn year round. Depending on the type of yarn used, the same knitting pattern can be a completely different accessory perfect for whatever Mother Nature throws at you. Secondly, they’re a great learning tool for beginning knitters. Scarves are basically one giant rectangle, and cowls are just a large tube. They’re both wonderful shapes to master the fundamentals of knitting before moving on to larger, more complicated projects. Last but not least, scarves and knit cowl patterns make great weekend activities. Whether you’re plugged in for a movie marathon or you’re content sipping herbal tea by the fire, these small, portable projects are great for keeping your hands busy while letting your mind wander.
As cowls and scarves are some of the most popular projects on AllFreeKnitting , we’ve rounded up all of our pattern collection pages and placed them in one easy-to-find article. With over 275 different scarf and cowl knitting patterns, you’re sure to find a design that catches your eye. So, without further ado, please peruse our latest article, It’s a Wrap: 275 Cowl & Scarf Knitting Patterns .
Now it’s easier than ever to find your favorite knit scarf and cowl collections on AllFreeKnitting. Here’s a little preview of what’s in store for you:
- 12 Infinity Scarf Patterns to Knit Today 
- 28 Free Knit Scarf Patterns for Fall 
- 32 Cowl and Scarf Knitting Patterns for the Holidays 
- 24 Free Knit Scarf Patterns 
- 23 Light and Lacy Scarf Knitting Patterns 
- 22 Favorite Knit Scarf Patterns Ever 
- 11 Knitting Patterns for Scarves: Lightning Fast Lace 
- 12 Scarf Knitting Patterns Fit for a Queen 
- 21 Killer Knit Cowl Patterns 
- Knit Cowl Patterns: Fun in the Sun 
- Fall in Love: 3 Knit Scarf Patterns for Autumn 
- 3 Elegant Knit Scarf Patterns 
- 20 Artisan Knit Cowl Pattern Ideas 
Whether you’re looking for a quick two-hour project or a more complicated lace pattern, you’re sure to come across more than enough inspiration in It’s a Wrap: 275 Cowl & Scarf Knitting Patterns . Be sure to check back every now and then for ongoing updates — we’ll be adding more scarf and cowl collections to the list in the coming months!
Which do you prefer: cowls or scarves?