As a knitter, I enjoy looking at patterns from around the world. Knitting styles and preferences from different cultures are so interesting, and it’s fun to work with techniques and motifs that are new to me. And with the big games coming up this summer, where athletes from all around the globe will be coming together to compete, celebrate, and share their experiences and culture, I thought it would be cool to dig up some knitting patterns for the occasion. So, I put together this collection of 16 Global Knitting Patterns that showcase a little bit of style from lots of different regions. Whether you’re looking for a new knitted scarf pattern or want a cardigan knitting pattern perfect for summer, the sections below should have something for you.
Scarf Knitting Patterns
This selection of knit scarf patterns is tailored to all knitting skill levels. Whether you’re a beginner or experienced knitter, one of these free knitting patterns is sure to strike your fancy.
- Siberian Snowfall Scarf Knitting Pattern – Beautiful ombre silvery grey!
- Tribal Tones Easy Scarf Pattern
- Mediterranean Island Lace Knit Scarf (pictured)
- Tundra Fox Knit Scarf Pattern – Adorable and EASY!
Sweaters and Wraps
From ethereal to elegant, these wraps, cardigans, and knit sweater patterns exude the flavors of different regions.
- Scottish Moorlands Knit Wrap (pictured)
- Chinese Jade Poncho Knitting Pattern
- English Tea Rose Shawl – So delicate and feminine
- Men’s Nordic Sweater Knitting Pattern
- Italian Summer Knit Cardi
- German Chocolate Knit Shrug Pattern
- British Royalty Teatime Cardigan – Elegant and classy, but easy!
Knitted Accessories from Around the Globe
These knitted accessories express the charm of cultures from around the world. Plus, they’re cute, cozy, and functional.
- English Toffee Hat – Perfect for both men and women
- Norwegian Knit Mittens Pattern
- Canadian Maple Mittens
- Indian Lotus Knit Socks – Stunning pale purple color!
- Tropical Pineapple Knit Bag (pictured)
If you want more free knitting patterns, check out this huge collection of The Best 100 Free Knitting Designs Ever: Free Afghan Patterns, Knit Scarf Patterns and More!
What’s your favorite knitting pattern from around the world?
- Simply Sweet Seed Stitch Knitting Patterns for Baby - March 21, 2019
- 22 Food-Inspired Knitting Patterns You Need To Make - March 19, 2019
- 14 Sensational Knit Slipper Patterns - March 13, 2019