Not to flaunt my enjoyment in front of you, but I’m headed to California this week and I cannot wait! It’s time to get away from this cold and rainy Chicago weather and enjoy the beautiful sun reflecting off palm trees and the ocean water. Although it’s going to be a short-lived trip, I’m going to try and get the most out of it. With that said, you know I’m headed to the beach! I know it’s a little too late for me, but it might not be for you to make some trendy beachwear. Whether you live on the beach or just vacation there, we have some cute crochet patterns you must make yourself.
Now you might think crochet beach patterns are too heavy for such warm weather, but if you use the right yarn, you can come up with the perfect pattern. From beach bag crochet patterns to crochet beach hat pattern and even crochet sandals, we have you covered (literally, from the sun) haha. Let’s head to the beach in style with these trendy beachwear items!
Beach Bag Crochet Patterns
- Flower Power Beach Bag – This large bag measures 18.5 inches wide by 12.5 inches tall, which is perfect for all your beach necessities.
- Straw Beach Bag – Use rafia yarn to work up this beach bag pattern. This bag will hold your towel, a book, sunblock and whatever else you need.
- Crocodile on the Beach Bag – The contrasting crochet colors of this bag look fabulous together. The crocodile stitch gives it a nice design.
- Deep Blue Sea Purse – The shades of blue on this purse is perfect when you’re walking along the beach. Choose wooden bamboo handles and you’ll fit right in.
- Strappy Summer Sandals – Both little boys and little girls will love wearing their new crochet sandals. The straps are crocheted separately and then attached.
- Toddler Barefoot Sandals – Now your diva can really look like a diva on the beach. Dress up her feet while still allowing her to feel the sand under her toes.
- Floral Flip Flops – Turn a plain pair of sandals into a brilliant crochet design in just minutes. Every pair of flip flops deserves a flower embellishment.
- Penguin Flip Flops – Don’t let the name fool you! These are definitely for the summer, but the penguin pattern is adorable.
Crochet Beach Hat Patterns
- Floppy Brim Hat – Not only is this crochet beach hat lightweight and easy to wear, but it will look fabulous on you! Wear some aqua colored jewelry and you’re all set!
- Garden Party Hat – Lightweight for both the beach and garden, you’ll love this design. Add a floral accent or ribbon embellishment for a cute feminine look.
- Pineapple Stitch Hat – This hat is breathable enough to wear while walking along the beach. It can be worked up in only a few hours, just in time for your beach adventure.
- Ultimate Summer Hat – A summer hat like this is great for shielding your face from the sun. Use multiple crochet colors for a more fun look.
What trendy beachwear are you planning on crocheting?