It seems like when Spring finally arrives that the only seasonal knitting patterns that I can find are light and lacy scarf knitting patterns. While scarves are always a great choice when I need a little knitting project, sometimes I need a wearable knitting pattern to keep my interest and give me the satisfaction of a big project being completed. Enter sweaters. But sweaters in the Spring can be a touchy subject. They need to be warm enough to get you through the strange cold air moments and light enough to not roast you when the sun comes out to play. That’s where light and lacy comes in. Perfect for the transitional months and crazy weather changes that Spring tends to bring.
I gathered Allfreeknitting’s most popular and sweetest Spring tops for your to cast on right away. Even though Spring just got here, we still have plenty of time to get a lacy cardi or shrug done for our wardrobes!
Light and Lacy: Free Knitting Patterns for Spring
- Lacy Cardi Shrug – This little shrug is so much fun to knit, and is perfect with just about any outfit.
- Lovely Lacy Cable Cardigan – Cables don’t have to be heavy and formal. Add them to a little lacy sweater and the combination is to die for!
- Spring Green Lacy Knit Shrug – You can’t help but think
- Classic Lace Cardigan – Nothing is cuter than matching Mommy/Daughter lace cardigans. Make them match or just coordinate.
- Lacy Rhubarb Tarte Tank – This sweet little lacy tank is perfect for layering.
- Lacy Librarian Top – You don’t have to be a librarian to wear this beautiful cardigan.
- Heirloom Lace Pullover – A classic pattern made new and fresh!
- Any Color Comfy Cardi – This is the perfect knit cardigan pattern of the teens and young adults in your life.
- Grand Canyon Cardigan – You could certainly pick any color combination to make your lacy sweater, but we love this sunset inspired color combo.
If you need even more inspiration, we’ve put together a great collection of the best Spring Sweater Knitting Patterns. These patterns will delight you, as they’ll get you through that transitional period when you need something to cover your arms, but a full sweater is just too much.
What is your favorite thing to wear in the Spring?
- Accidental Genius + 13 Ponytail Free Knit Hat Patterns - January 18, 2020
- How to Knit a Baby Blanket for Any Nursery - January 15, 2020
- For the Lazy Knitters: 25 Simple Knitting Patterns - January 11, 2020