It’s still chilly here in the Chicago area, which means my search for cozy knit scarf patterns is in full swing. I’ll admit, I’m not just after scarves that will keep me warm; I’m also hunting for patterns that are stylish and easy to wear. Thankfully, AllFreeKnitting works with so many talented bloggers, that it wasn’t difficult to pull out a few must-have patterns for winter — and of course, I’m going to share that list with you all!
Below is a special collection of scarves and cowls that are a must-make for this season. This group of patterns encompasses all the best features of knit accessories: softness, texture and lace. I hope you enjoy.
1. Lavender Magic Scarf: It’s amazing how intricate a scarf can look just by putting a twist on a well-known knitting technique. This particular design features a cable without a defined edges; the result is a trendy accessory that fits closely to the next for the ultimate level of warmth.
2. 90-Minute Wasabi Cowl: For knitters after instant gratification, this is a great project to try because it can be completed in under two hours. Plus, you get to use that fancy, handmade button you’ve been saving for just the right project. And its simple construction makes it the perfect backdrop for showing off your favorite skein of hand-spun wool.
3. Bed of Moss Cowl: This scarf has quickly become one of my all-time favorite patterns. Made with the attractive and easy to knit seed stitch, this textured infinity scarf can be wrapped around the neck twice to achieve an effortlessly chic look in just minutes. Break out your favorite bulky yarn and large knitting needles, because this scarf is the ideal companion for the rest of winter!
Dying to check out the last two must-have scarves? You can see the full collection in AllFreeKnitting’s Facebook photo album. You’ll find a link to the free pattern in the description of each scarf photo.
Tell us: Which scarf pattern can you not live without?
- Slip Into These: How to Knit Slippers for the Holidays - November 28, 2022
- Free Pattern Friday: Knit Shawl Pattern from Yarnspirations - November 25, 2022
- 8 Knitting Projects for Thanksgiving - November 17, 2022