I hope you all had a lovely and relaxing weekend! As the weekend comes to a close, it’s easy to get anxious about the week ahead. However, I urge you to relax and take the week one day at a time and maintain a sense of relaxation throughout the week. How? Crochet of course! I try to crochet during my lunch breaks at work because I find that in crocheting stitch after stitch I slowly relax and my mind becomes clear. It’s kind of magical actually.
I invite you to crochet an afghan during your free time this week that will let you relax even after it is completed. These thirteen patterns will remind you of the beach and for a good reason. The color blue is naturally calming and it’s a wonderful color to bring into your home. Some of these crochet afghans are ripple patterns and other feature shades of blue in unique ways that you will definitely want to check out. We’ve got swirls, circles, hexagons and more.
If you’ve been to the beach recently, you know how hard it is to leave. It’s one of the saddest parts about summer ending. Saying goodbye to the beach can be hard, but if you crochet one of these afghans, time will go by faster and you’ll be reminded of the warm breeze and crashing seas all winter long
- Clamshell Crochet Afghan – This afghan is a favorite because of its unique stitch and the way it looks like little sea shells.
- Seafoam Tunisian Throw – You’ll never believe it’s tunisian crochet, but this pattern is amazing!
- Caribbean Hexagon Blanket – If you’ve never crocheted an afghan in the shape of a hexagon, here’s your chance.
- Ocean Mist Round Ripple – This round ripple afghan will look great at the end of a bed.
- Spirals Throw – We love the way this afghan seems to have rolling waves!
- Oceanic Octagon Motif – Use up those scraps and crochet oceanic octagons in shades of blue.
- Crocheted Ripple Afghan – Simple crochet patterns, especially vintage ones, are fun to try.
- Sea Blue Baby Afghan – Pretty blues make a beautiful baby blanket!
- Laguna Blue Baby Blanket – The popcorn stitches of this baby blanket create a fun texture babies will love.
- Sea Shell Afghan – Standard ripple afghans are the best bet for experienced and beginner crocheters alike.
- Crochet Sea Pennies – This pattern is a reader favorite and a great stashbuster!
- Seaside Squares Baby Blanket – Take a trip to the seaside with this baby blanket.
- Tunisian Seascape Throw – Combining greens and browns with blue makes us think of sand, rocks, and seaweed.