One of the easiest ways to add a little extra color to your home decor is with a cheerfully colored crochet afghan. If you really want to up the “oomph” on that pop of color, try making a sassy striped crochet afghan pattern. Not only will you be able to pick colors you love, but you’ll be able to use them all! Stripes are also great stashbuster projects; they are a great way to use up smaller quantities of yarn you might have sitting around the stash. Whether you are looking for a traditionally striped afghan pattern or a fun ripple crochet blanket, there is something fun here for you to hook up and then snuggle under. So go raid the stash and see if you have what it takes to make one of these sassy striped beauties!
- Zig Zag Classic Ripple Afghan
- Twilight Shells Throw
- Magical Baby Blanket
- Rainbows and Hearts Blanket
- Rainbow Bright Stripe Throw
- Color Burst Granny Stripes Blanket
- Natural Daisy Baby Blanket
- Beach Stripe Surf Blanket
- Colored Stripes Afghan
- Amazing Grace Crochet Baby Blanket
- The Vintage Crochet Groovy-ghan
- Bars & Stripes Free Crochet Pattern
- Rainbow Diagonal Afghan
- Lilac Sound Waves Afghan
- Neat Ripple Afghan
- Contemporary Zig Zag Throw
If you’re working lots of stripes, chances are you are dreading having to weave in all those ends. Fear not, my fellow yarnies! Our friends at AllFreeCrochet have a YouTube channel with a great video hosted by yours truly truly. In this video, I show you a neat and tidy way to carry your yarn up the side of your work as you are changing colors so you’ll have less ends to weave in.
Where are you hoping to add a pop of color in your home?
- Two Skeins or Less: 12 Quickie Crochet Afghan Patterns - August 5, 2020
- 18 DIY Dorm Decor Ideas - July 19, 2020
- Colorfully Bold: 26 Rainbow-Colored Crochet Afghan Patterns - July 18, 2020