From the Harry Potter books and movies to anime and obscure TV shows, there are plenty of fandoms out there that celebrate a particular facet of pop culture. Fans of The Office might debate for hours if the U.S. version can even compare with the original, while Sherlockians might have strong feelings about the latest season of the popular BBC series. And let’s not even get into the fans who post intricate theories about what might happen in the next season of Game of Thrones, the die-hard sports fans who never miss a game, and the life-long fans who follow their favorite band across the country. But how can you show off your passion for a TV show without delving into cosplay? With fandom crochet patterns, you can include subtle nods to your favorite show.
With fandom crochet patterns, you can get creative and include subtle nods to your favorite characters. All you need is a little creativity to transform a scarf into a homage. Here’s how you can subtly show your fandom with crochet patterns found on AllFreeCrochet.
Incorporate Color In Your Fandom Crochet Patterns
One of the easiest ways to show off your fandom is to use your team’s colors in your crochet item. You also have a few options for creativity. For example, you can select variegated yarn that uses your favorite basketball team’s colors to create a look that’s stylish departure from the typical fan gear available in stores. Finally, you can add your own twist to an existing crochet pattern. For example, you could crochet a scarf using one color, then use yarn in the second color to create fringe on either end. These crochet patterns use yarn in two colors to create a stunning look. They would also be a great way to wear your fandom on your sleeve…or at least around your neck.
- A Study In Contrasts Crochet Cowl — Support your favorite team in style with this fashion-forward cowl!
- Harlequin Leg Warmers — Stay warm this winter and show off your school’s colors with these cute leg warmers.
- Simple Flared Crochet Scarf — This crochet pattern uses two colors of yarn in a bright and creative way.
- All Wrapped Up Infinity Scarf — You could definitely wear this fashionable crochet scarf in your team’s off-season, too.
Recreate Your Favorite Character’s Accessories
When you think of clothing and accessories that display your fandom, you likely picture a T-shirt with a quote from the musical group or book. But what if you could recreate an accessory using crochet? From a school scarf in Gryffindor’s colors to David Bowie’s lightning bolt, you can show off your crochet skills by recreating iconic accessories. Take a look at these crochet patterns for inspiration.
- Lightning Fast Fingerless Mitts — Fingerless gloves are also a quick and easy way to make anyone feel like a superhero!
- Harry Potter POA Crochet Scarf Free Pattern — This crochet pattern is a must-have for all Harry Potter fans!
- David Bowie Lightning Bolt Crochet Necklace — Bold and colorful, this necklace will be beloved by all Bowie fans.
Use Crochet Stitches For An Homage
When you think of words to describe the TV show Game of Thrones, crochet patterns probably aren’t even in the top 100. But have you seen the crochet crocodile stitch? The intricate design results in a series of stitches that resemble dragon scales. There are plenty of other crochet stitches that can be used to represent a beloved character. The pineapple stitch resembles feathers, while the star stitch could represent any fandom with a connection to the night sky (Twilight, anyone?). There is a downside, though. Using a crochet stitch style to convey a homage might be so subtle that not everyone will even get it. You’ll sure to get compliments on your shawl or scarf, but you might find you’re explaining the connection countless times. Find a crochet stitch style that fits your fandom by taking a look at these patterns.
- Rainbow Dragon Bag — Show off your fandom for Game of Thrones or the Eragon book series with this amazing crochet bag.
- Pineapple Pumpkin Crochet Lace Pattern — The pineapple stitch can be used to create a feather-like design.
- Spider Web Stitch Crochet Pattern — If you’re a fan of Spiderman, or know someone who is, then you need to include this crochet stitch in your next project!
- Emerald Lace Crochet Wrap — With its retro feel, the shell stitch design in this pattern could be an homage to a period drama like Downton Abbey.
- Star Stitch Infinity Scarf — Twilight fans will love to get wrapped up in this shawl, which uses the star stitch.
How do you show off your fandom? Let us know below in the comments!
- Get Hooked On These Unique Crochet Patterns - August 1, 2022
- The Best Flower Garden: 25 Crochet Flower Patterns - July 28, 2022
- New Patterns on the Block: 18 Color Block Patterns - July 20, 2022