This fantastic afghan is knit up with a simple garter stitch pattern and a subtle neutral shade of Bernat Blanket. These factors alone make this knit afghan pattern an easy, elegant project that’s a cinch to work up while watching TV or snuggling on the couch.
The Bernat Blanket yarn is super-soft and cuddly, so anyone who receives one is sure to treasure it. Knit entirely in garter stitch, this knit blanket pattern is perfect for beginner knitters who are ready to cast on their first big project. That doesn’t mean that the more advanced knitters out there won’t love this easy knit afghan pattern.
- Bernat® Blanket™ (10.5 oz/300 g; 258 yds/234 m) Silver Steel (10001) – 6 balls
- Size U.S. 19 (15 mm) circular knitting needle 36″ [90 cm] long or size needed to obtain gauge.
GAUGE: 5 sts and 10 rows = 4″ [10 cm] in garter st with 2 strands tog.
Measurements: Approx 58″ x 62″ [147.5 x 157.5 cm].
Approx = Approximate(ly)
Beg = Begin(ing)
RS = Right side
St(s) = Stitch(es)
To g = Together
WS = Wrong side
With 2 strands of yarn held tog, cast on 60 sts.
Do not join. Working back and forth across needle in rows, proceed as follows:
Knit in rows (garter st), noting 1st row is WS, until piece from beg measures 62″ [157.5 cm] long, ending on a RS row.
Cast off knitwise (WS).
We have an amazing reason for posting this pattern… Stay Tuned!
- 22 Food-Inspired Knitting Patterns You Need To Make - March 19, 2020
- Simply Sweet Seed Stitch Knitting Patterns for Baby - March 17, 2020
- 14 Sensational Knit Slipper Patterns - March 12, 2020