Something about summer just makes us want to sit out in a rocking chair on a wrap-around porch, hook in hand, with a cold sweet tea in arm’s reach. Crocheting takes you back to the days of Southern hospitality, when the family matrons would gather and gab as they crocheted. When your hands are busy, you don’t mind the heat as much.
Your friends at AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com feel the same way! We’re ready to crochet some afghans with sweet Southern style.
If Southern charm brings you to that happy place of slow-living and easy-going, you’ll love our list of 12 Southern Charm Afghans. These free crochet patterns, including plenty of Granny Squares and Throw Patterns, will keep you as busy as a cat on a hot tin roof this summer. Grit your teeth and start crocheting, y’all!
Southern Charm Afghans
- Peaches and Cream Afghan – This afghan is pretty as a you-know-what!
- Colorful Country Flower Throw – We love the colors on this throw, they remind us of fields of wildflowers.
- Charleston Garden Afghan – Perfect for curling up with a book on the back porch.
- Quiet Country Garden Throw – For nights when all you want to hear is the sound of crickets chirping.
- Pale Peach Blossom Granny – This peach blossom is just the cutest thing.
- Water Lily Afghan – Reminds us of late night skinny dipping in the pond.
- Sweet Tea Granny Square – Sweet and easy for beginners!
- Peach of a Square – We just can’t get enough Southern peaches.
- Mardi Gras Afghan – There’s nowhere like New Orleans.
- Summer Sky Baby Blanket – Wrap your little sugar muffin in the colors of a summer day in the South.
- Peachy Keen Round Ripples – From our Featured Crafter Donna Mason Svara, in Kentucky!
- Criss Cross Applesauce Afghan – The perfect project for any Southern belle.