Have you ever attended a STITCHES show? Every year, our friends at XRX host the largest knit and crochet show ever called STITCHES; it’s truly a fiber experience like none other. To make it easy for fiber enthusiasts to attend, there are actually four different shows per year (East, West, Midwest, and South) which allows those all over the country to attend based on geographical location. We’ve been lucky to attend a few shows ourselves over the years. Read about our experience hand dying yarn here at Stitches Midwest last year. Plus, one of our editors took a class from the one and only Drew Emborsky (aka The Crochet Dude), and we even attended the 2013 Stitches Midwest Fashion Show!
Each show is jam-packed with classes, free demonstrations, and more. If you’re lucky enough to attend STITCHES East 2014 (October 10-12 in Hartford, CT), be sure to spend some time at the Stitches Market where you will find vendors from all over the United States (and around the world) displaying the latest yarns and gadgets; it’s truly a unique shopping experience. Be sure to also attend the STITCHES fashion show, where you will enjoy professional models strutting their stuff down the catwalk modeling the most impressive and stylish knit designs you’ll ever see.
If that’s not reason enough to attend, then STITCHES East and their Sponsors are excited to announce one more reason to attend this year’s Stitches East show. They are offering a HUGE giveaway worth $4,200 that YOU could win! If you are the lucky winner, then simply be at the STITCHES East 2014 Market on Oct. 11th! Together with XRX, 12 different sponsors (including Red Heart, Fiesta, Craftsy, and more) are donating an amazing yarn-related prize that will want to get your hands on. Prizes include free yarn, knitting needles, exclusive knitting patterns, and even a dream getaway to Camp Stitches this November in New Mexico. Find additional information below about the prizes and details of this fantastic giveaway and visit their website here to enter today.
STITCHES East Sponsor Giveaway Information:
- Craftsy.com: Five free Craftsy classes (retail value of $175). Choose from more than 80 online knitting and crochet classes, plus more than 400 classes in a variety of other areas, to enhance your crafting skills. Craftsy classes are taught by the best instructors from around the world, and you can watch them on your own schedule without ever leaving your home. Best of all, your access never expires, so you can refer back to your classes again and again.
- Fiesta Yarns: $200 of yarn from the Fiesta Yarn booth. Choose from more than 100 hand dyed colors in 17 different fibers.
- Prism Yarn: Lush Foxy Cowl (suggested retail $152.00), designed by Laura Bryant. This trendy knit cowl, worked in Prism’s Stuff yarn (the original hand-dyed, hand-tied magically changing yarn), is trimmed in luxurious faux fur Plume for a truly dramatic statement.Hiya Hiya: a 24″ HiyaHiya Sharp a circular set. (Retail value approximately $200.)
- Malabrigo: Two bags of Finito yarn (a Fingering Pure Superfine Merino wool). This luxurious yarn comes from the finest Uruguayan wool available in commercial volumes. Offering this yarn as a prize helps the breeders develop finer wools from their flocks.
- Red Heart: 16 skeins of yarn, plus four coordinating free patterns.
–six balls Red Heart Boutique Swanky (Berry Glamorous)
–six balls Red Heart Boutique Treasure (Spectrum)
–six balls Red Heart With Love (twp Lettuce & two Berry Red)
- Skacel Collection: An addiArt Diamond Needle (value $100), and an addiArt 24k Gold Needle (value $100). The limited edition addi-Art ‘Diamond’ needle features a visible core of genuine Swarovski crystals. The addi-Art Diamond is a 32” US 15 circular needle.
- Trendsetter Yarn: This timeless look with box checks and cables gains power when you forge deeper with silhouette shaping. Waist and bust shaping are achieved by working decreases and then increases along with the cable crosses.
- Universal Yarn: Yarn for two projects out of their new eBook Poetry at Home, and also a printed copy of this eBook (total retail value is $124). The two projects will be Mixed Miters Scarf and Damask Pillow.
- WEB, America’s Yarn Store: $100 Gift Card for anything sold at WEBS. You will have the joy of choosing your very own perfect finery prize.
- Windy Valley Muskox: $150 of yarn from the Windy Valley Muskox booth. Spoil yourself with some of the most luxurious yarn you’ve ever held in your hands.
- XRX: Camp STITCHES – Destination New Mexico, November 13-17, 2014. Experience 3 days and 4 nights in the beautiful Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa… enjoying a single room with your meals taken care of. Choose from one of 7 amazing instructors for stimulating 3-day workshops. Focus on your passion. Build lasting friendships and a lifetime of memories. Knit, weave, or spin under the turquoise sky of New Mexico for a fiber enthusiasts dream getaway.
Attend the largest knit and crochet show in the East this year and win! STITCHES East takes place in Hartford, CT from October 10 through October 12, 2014. Altogether, this incredible giveaway is worth $4,200, and you could be the winenr! Simply head to XRX’s website here to learn more information and to enter for your chance to win today.
What’s the #1 reason you want to attend STITCHES? To take a class? Buy new yarn? Meet other fiber enthusiasts? Something else? Comment below and let us know!
- 17 Easy Crochet Patterns for Last-Minute Valentine’s Day Gifts - January 26, 2021
- Free Pattern: Crochet Wrap Pattern from Red Heart! - January 17, 2021
- Free Pattern Friday: Crochet Baby Booties & Hat from Red Heart - January 6, 2021