Summer camp is a rite of passage for many kids. Spending the summer away from home can be scary or exciting, depending on the kid. It can also be a child’s first time packing for an extended stay away from home! There’s always more to pack than expected.
There are many things your child needs for camp that you can crochet, including travel pouches, bags, accessories, afghans, pillows, even clothes. While you may not have time to make everything they need, you can save money and send them off with something to remind them of home. With a range of experience levels and sizes, we’re sure you can make one of these summer camp crochet patterns.
Help your kid get ready to leave the familiar behind and go on an adventure where they’ll sing camp songs around a bonfire, make friends, and experience the great outdoors. Your friends at AllFreeCrochet.com are here to help you prepare with our summer camp crochet projects!
Crochet Pouches and Cases for Camp
- Fantastic Fish Crochet Pouch – This fun fishy is perfect for toiletries!
- Precious Owl Pouch
- Travel Jewelry Pouch
- Cash N’ Cards Case
Crochet Bag Patterns for Camp
- Hexagonal Summertime Tote
- Flower Power Beach Bag – Your kid can bring a change of clothes to the lake in this bright bag!
- Tunisian Stitch Cell Phone Bag
Crochet Accessories for Camp
- Beginner Crochet Headband Pattern – This headband will keep her hair back during team sports.
- Not So Simple Kerchief
- Crocheted Lip Balm Keychain
- Crocheted Survival Keychain
- Survival Bracelet
Crochet Afghan Patterns for Camp
- Brightly Colored Windchime Afghan
- Striped Floral Crochet Afghan
- Grandma’s Favorite Wobble Afghan – This blanket will comfort a homesick child.
- Sock Monkey Pillow
Crochet Pillows for Camp
- Crocheted Car Pillow Pal
- Fantastic Fox Pillow – Your kid can bring this woodland critter back home after camp!
- Must-Have Travel Pillow
- Acre of Land Pillow
Wearable Crochet Patterns for Camp
- Child’s Swim Suit Cover Up – This cover up is cute and useful.
- Crochet Top for Girls
- Strappy Summer Sandals
Which summer camp pattern inspires you?