I love wearing light crochet wraps on those cool summer nights or even indoors while the air conditioning is on. I like my summer wraps to be open, airy, and lightweight. This Ocean Breeze Light Summer Wrap is great to wear during the spring/summer and takes only a couple of hours to work up. It’s also very easy to re-size to make it into a scarf or an over-sized wrap. I hope you enjoy the pattern! Happy Crocheting!
Ocean Breeze Light Summer Wrap
Crochet Pattern by The Stitchin’ Mommy
Skill Level: Easy
- Size H (5.0mm) Crochet Hook
- Approximately 305 yds of DK Weight Yarn in two colors.
- 238 yds of Color A: Knit Picks Capra DK in Sagebrush
- 67 yds of Color B: Knit Picks Capra DK in Cream
- Yarn Needle, for weaving ends
ch(s) – chain(s)
st(s) – stitch(es)
sk – skip
sc – single crochet
dc – double crochet
t-ch – turning chain
4 stitches and 2 rows = 1 inch
Chain a multiple of 4 x an odd number of stitches + 3 for foundation chain (Ex: 4 x 5 + 3)
Approximately 54″ x 11.5″
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- All stitches are worked through both loops unless otherwise noted.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Please check your gauge before starting this project.
Solomon’s Knot: Pull up a loop on hook to approximately 1″, ch 1, insert your hook under leftmost loop, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through both loops to close the knot.
Row 1: Work one Solomon’s Knot, sk the next 3 sts (count as dc), *sk the next 3 sts, 1 dc in the next st** Repeat from * to ** across. Turn. (102)
Row 2: Ch 3, *Work 1 Solomon’s Knot, 1 dc into the top of the dc from previous row** Repeat from * to ** across, working the last dc into the t-ch. Turn. (102)
Row 3-1: Repeat row 2. (102)
Change to Color B
Row 17-20: Repeat row 2. (102)
Row 21: 1 sc into the first st, *ch 3, sk Solomon’s Knot and work 1 sc into the dc from previous row** Repeat across, working last sc into the t-ch. (204)
Fasten off, weave ends.
You May Also Like: