One trend that seems to be carrying over into the fall and holiday season are tribal patterns. Geometric and bold designs that are inspired by Native American and ancient cultures have been seen in clothing and home decor this year. We’re all looking for new and fun crochet and knit designs, am I right?
This trend is here to stay and it’s quite popular with young adults and kids. Start thinking Christmas presents! It’s easy to crochet triangles and arrange them into a tribal pattern and you can even knit your own tribal inspired poncho. So pick up your hooks and needles and jump on the tribal print bandwagon with these free, easy crochet patterns (and some knitting patterns in the mix, too!)
Tribal Print Afghans
Check out these free afghan patterns that feature unique tribal designs! From geometric shapes, triangles, diamonds and more, these afghans will add that bold look you’ve been looking for.
- Tribal Arrows Afghan
- Square Navajo Lap Blanket
- Native American Blanket
- Navajo Afghan
- Aztec Medallions Afghan
- Indian Stripe Afghan
- Triangles Afghan
- Puzzled Triangles Afghan
- Diamond Pond Afghan
- Melon Ripple Afghan
- Mountain Mist Afghan (knit)
- Half Square Triangle Blanket (knit)
- Hooked on Color Afghan
BONUS: Design this Two Tone Afghan pattern with us face to face!
Tribal Crochet Motifs
I love the way these Mediterranean patterns look when used to make a full crochet afghan! Geometric crochet squares can often be rotated to create a different pattern altogether.
- Sophie’s Garden Granny Square
- Aztec Triangles Square
- How To Make Crochet Triangles
- Citrus Spray Afghan Square
- Fiori Esagono
- Intricate Starburst Square
Tribal Print Wearables
While you can buy tribal print clothes at the mall, you may want to just make your own once you take a look at these easy patterns.
- Diamond In The Rough Cowl
- Zig Zag Stripe Beanie
- Painted Desert Scarf
- Rustic Tribal Scarf (knit)
- Peruvian Spirit Poncho (knit)
- Goddess Dream Scarf (knit)
These home decor pieces will instantly fill your home with gorgeous tribal and geometric designs. Bring in the spirit of the South and the warm desert mood into your living space with these free patterns!
- Navajo Ripples Dishcloth
- Arrow Pillow Design
- Magical Mandala
- Farmhouse Styled Coasters
- Colorful Kitchen Trivets
What do you think of the tribal print trend?
- Secrets to Being a Better Crocheter: 17 Crochet Tips and Tricks - February 23, 2021
- Free Pattern: Irish Lace Afghan from Yarnspirations - February 9, 2021
- 11+ Valentine’s Day Crochet Ideas to Fall in Love With - January 31, 2021