If you’re tired of crocheting the same old patterns over and over then it’s time for a change. In the new year, I think we should all try to do something a little different, maybe even something we’re uncomfortable trying. If you’re unsure of what to try then check out some of our New Year’s Resolution ideas. Keep in mind you don’t just have to crochet with one item: yarn. Add a little bit of texture to your crochet designs and add some beads or even sequins. What about crocheting with wire? This can create a whole new look to your design. Crocheting with wire can also help you make fun jewelry like necklaces and bracelets.
Michael Sellick of The Crochet Crowd has produced a video on How to Crochet with Wire. He goes over all the tips and tricks you need to know in order to crochet a fabulous piece:
- Use a steel crochet hook for the best results
- Choose a nice evenflow, non tarnishing wire so the color stays
- Use jewelry pliers for bending
- Use nail cutters for a smooth clean cut
Now that you know what you’re in for let’s dive into some projects you can make using wire:
- Chain and Crochet Bracelet
- Wire Chunky Bracelet
- Brassiere Wire Necklace
- 3 Wire Chain Personalized Necklace
Are you daring enough to try wire crochet?
- Fingerless Gloves: 21 Easy Crochet Patterns - September 14, 2019
- Textures! Southwestern Rainbow Crochet Afghan Pattern - September 6, 2019
- NEW! 10 Free Crochet Cowl Patterns Perfect for Fall - September 3, 2019