Tunisian crochet can look intimidating the first time you see it, but I can promise you that it really is easy. The basic Tunisian stitch (sometimes referred to as the afghan stitch) is really nothing more than simple single crochet worked in a unique way. Don’t believe me? Well, I’ve filmed a tutorial for you to show you just how easy it really is.
Once you master how to do the basic afghan stitch, working up a Tunisian Crochet Afghan pattern will truly be a breeze.
Tunisian Stitch Crochet Afghan Patterns:
Once you’ve learned how to work the Tunisian Stitch, or afghan stitch, be sure to check out these unique crochet afghan patterns. The afghan stitch, while a vintage technique, is quite modern and contemporary in the designs that you can achieve. Even baby blankets work up beautifully in this fun stitch. Give them a try!
- Alaskan Blue Tunisian Crochet Blanket
- Around The World Tunisian Throw
- Seafoam Tunisian Throw
- Twilight Chevron Afghan
- Lilac Love Crochet Baby Blanket
- Tunisian Entrelac Throw
- Tunisian Seascape Throw
- Granny Square Tunisian Throw
- Shades of Amber Tunisian Afghan
I had a lot of fun learning this unique stitch, and I know you will too.
Follow AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns’s board Tunisian Crochet Patterns and Tutorials on Pinterest.
What’s the first project you’d make with the Tunisian Stitch? Let us know below in the comments!
- Two Skeins or Less: 12 Quickie Crochet Afghan Patterns - August 7, 2022
- 18 DIY Dorm Decor Ideas - July 22, 2022
- Colorfully Bold: 26 Rainbow-Colored Crochet Afghan Patterns - July 21, 2022