Vintage pieces or vintage-inspired pieces never go out of style. Every few years some new trend shows up and that new trend is an actually an old trend. If you’re looking to add some old-school style to your home or wardrobe, these free crochet patterns are the patterns for you. Vintage crochet patterns always add a bit of classy, old school zest. From home decor to vintage clothes, these patterns are sure to elicit a ton of compliments from your trendiest friends. Channel your inner Betty Draper or Janis Joplin and work up one of these stellar free crochet patterns today.
These adorable vintage wearables are fabulous items to add to your wardrobe. I especially love the Secret Garden Flowers. Just add a bobby pin to the back of one and you have an adorable hair accessory.
1. Secret Garden Flowers – A great stashbuster.
2. Retro Summer Dress– Look like you belong in the crowd at Woodstock.
3. Retro Owl Purse – Have a retro hoot.
4. Ashbury Beret – Keep warm, stay 60s.
5. Crocheted Retro Apron Trim– Honey, I’m home.
For Your Home
If you have a more modern sense of decorating in your home, these items will add a homey touch. It is a wonder what one afghan folded over the couch can do to cozy up the overall atmosphere of a room.
1. Retro Round Ripple Pillow – Retro up that living room.
2. That 70s Throw – Cuddle up in this retro pattern.
3. Flower Power Coaster – Protect your coffee table.
4. Old Fashioned Oval Rug – You’ll love it.
5. Retro Ring Trivet – A super quick work up.
For Your Family and Friends
Everybody loves a good throwback piece. The free crochet patterns below all make unique gifts. I just love the Pac Man set, in particular. They’d be a fun decorative piece on a bookshelf or mantle.
1. Retro Dog Collar – Ruh roh, Scooby.
2. Girls Bell Bottom Pants – For your little flower girl.
3. Retro Crochet Hat – You’ll love the pom pom on top.
4. Cute Crocheted Pac Man and Ghosts – A must-have!
5. Vintage Baby Sneakers – Little feet, old-school duds.
PLUS.. Enter to win 3 skeins of Hometown USA yarn from Lion Brand Yarns! We are giving away one skein of each: Boilermakers (Black and goldenrod twist), Bulldogs (Black and true red twist), and Grizzlies (Light charcoal gray and maroon twist). The deadline to enter is January 15th, 2014 at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time. Enter here to win.