Knitting can often be a solitary pursuit, so it’s no surprise that, when a group of knitters does get together, it tends to turn into a bit of a party. If you’ve never been to one of the STITCHES events before, that’s the best way to describe it: a knitter’s paradise. There’s yarn as far as the eye can see, oodles of knitting patterns, and tons of happy crafters exploring their art. The Knitting Universe team does everything possible to make each STITCHES event memorable and special. From bringing in world-class instructors to teach classes to gathering local yarn dyers and artisans to sell their one-of-a-kind yarns, the range of experiences and learning opportunities at STITCHES are remarkable.
The STITCHES events are such a hit that they have even started creating eBooks, full of the most popular patterns, themed around each of the four events, South, East, West, and Midwest. If you can’t go to STITCHES, checking out the latest STITCHES eBook is a great way to get an idea of what you might see at STITCHES East. If a STITCHES event sounds like just the thing for you, you’re in luck! AllFreeKnitting and the Knitting Universe are teaming up to offer our readers a VIP ticket to STITCHES West in February, 2014: one lucky winner will get an all-access pass to STITCHES West, and an extra pass for a friend!
The STITCHES Grand Prize is valued at $1,400 and includes:
- 21 hours of classes (available classes)
- Myra Wood’s Opening Day presentation on Thursday morning
- Teacher a la Carte lunch on Thursday afternoon
- a ticket for the Fashion Show dinner on Friday evening
- a ticket for the Student Banquet & Style Show on Saturday evening
- And if that weren’t enough… the winner will get to select a friend or family member to receive the same package.
Click here for your chance to win this fantastic package! The Grand Prize does not include travel and accommodations.
While you’re at it, don’t forget to download your free copy of The Best of the East Fashion Show & Marketplace Favorites: 7 Knitted Scarf Patterns, Free Knit Tops, and More eBook. You’ll find all of the best patterns from STITCHES East!
What would you do at STITCHES West?
- How to Knit a Baby Blanket for Any Nursery - January 14, 2021
- For the Lazy Knitters: 25 Simple Knitting Patterns - January 13, 2021
- Free Pattern: Knit Throw Pattern from Yarnspirations - January 12, 2021