It’s only mid December and we’ve already had a couple of snow falls, which are just beautiful. Seeing the ground covered and the trees sparkling just takes my breath away; it also reminds me of the winter wonderland series we’ve been working on. During the late weeks of November into the early weeks of December we’ve shared some fantastic winter-themed patterns with you. Each of these patterns were perfect for decorating your home or giving them away as gifts. The inexpensive way to decorate your home this season? Work up some crochet patterns. If you saw these crochet designs in the newsletters or you’re seeing them for the first time now, you’ll definitely want to work up all the patterns. We loved sharing these ideas with you and we’ve even asked for some of your ideas, too!
Crocheted snowflakes are one of the prettiest designs out there, especially if you embellish the design with glitter, or use metallic thread for that extra sparkle.
- motherbrat31 3826565 said “The snowflake table runner is so pretty! I really want to get back into crocheting so I can make something like this!”
Instantly spread holiday cheer and spruce up your holiday decor with free snowflake patterns. Now you can turn your own home into a winter wonderland.
- Member 14414 said “I enjoy making snowflakes. Unlike many people I do like to crochet with thread although, if possible, I avoid #10 size. Sometimes though #10 works best for certain designs. I like bamboo thread although it’s hard to work with #10 also, but not impossible. I also like Lizbeth thread because it’s easy to work with. I always have several WIPs, but they’e usually small projects.”
- MommyCrafter said “they are tricky until you figure out how all the stitches fit together… first ones usually take forever until you get the hang of it, after that it’s just concentration but so worth it because they are so pretty.”
Snowman crochet patterns can come in all shapes and sizes. If you don’t feel like building a real snowman you can still represent Frosty by working up some adorable crochet designs.
- When asked “What would you turn your snowman crochet pattern into?” shelleyrj 2605846 said “I would love to see it as a Christmas decoration – maybe as a placemat.”
Make the holidays a fun time with these cute snowman crafts for kids. For the kids who learned to crochet early, we have kids snowman crafts that they’ll love working up, and even a few non crocheted items, too.
What kind of snowman crochet patterns or snowflakes do you like working up this time of year?
- Free Pattern: Crochet Wrap Pattern from Red Heart! - January 17, 2021
- Free Pattern Friday: Crochet Baby Booties & Hat from Red Heart - January 6, 2021
- Rest and Relaxation After Holiday Madness: Calming Crochet Patterns - January 5, 2021